Published: November 18, 2015 | By Patrick Johnston
Posted in: Keyboard Kimura
In this week’s UFC Keyboard Kimura edition of Province Sports Radio – no layoffs here for us – Spencer Kyte and Paul Chapman talk about the shock main event at UFC 193 in Australia, Ronda Rousey losing her title to Holly Holm. You must listen as the lads break down the whole episode, download and you can hear these talking points:
Main Event: Holy Hell Holly Holm
– perfect performance, amazing finish
– Rousey looked out of sorts: frustrated, fake pumped up on Friday, no answers
– where does Ronda go from here?
– How much did coaching come into play, and is that an issue for Rousey going forward?
Fight of the Week: Jussier Formiga vs. Henry Cejudo
– winner gets a flyweight title shot against Demetrious Johnson
– Cejudo has said he won’t fight in Las Vegas over the Nick Diaz stuff
– Formiga was No. 1 flyweight in the world at one point, been only OK in UFC
– plenty at stake, but under the radar because of everything surrounding it
Championship Rounds: Can Holly Holm be a Star?
– Rousey obviously crossed over and brought a new audience in last year
– but shouldn’t Holm be a draw after dusting Rousey with quickness?
– she’s a lot like ChrisWeidman: confident, ultra-talented, unbeaten, but not a boisterous personality
– how come we don’t just get behind these terrific fighters as much as we do the mouthy stars?